97 T-bird AC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luminous311

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
I'm new to these forums because I just bought a 97 Thunderbird LX.
As with 99% of used cars, there are problems. The AC blows cold, but when I set it to AC or Max AC, it will only blow out of the defogger vents.
On other settings, air will blow out of the foot-level vents, but air never comes out of the main, front-facing vents.

Summer's creeping up here in Arizona, so I'm hoping somebody can help me out with this issue. I'm led to believe it might be a leaky vacuum hose or a broken actuator, but I'm still pretty clueless. Thanks to anyone who can help!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I'm led to believe it might be a leaky vacuum hose or a broken actuator

You are correct. And either way, it's a pain to fix. It will take the removal of the dash to get to either part to fix. I'm not 100% sure about the actuator as I've never really dug into that, but the vacuum lines, to properly trace to make sure there are no leaks, requires that the dash be removed.

I lived in AZ for a couple years, so I know how important AC is there. It will likely cost a pretty penny, but it's one of those things I personally would pay for. Especially if you like the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back