Last seen
Thunderbird Year
91 T-bird starting then wanting to die
When a go and press the throttle it wants to die
Does anybody know what’s going on ?

91 T-bird starting then wanting to die
When a go and press the throttle it wants to die
Does anybody know what’s going on ?
Funy I have a 93 doing the same thing but mine is a Supercoupe and there's alot more going on there but you could have many things causing this a plugged fuel filter,mas-air flow sensor,throttle body,throttle controler and positioning sensor,plugged cat's it could be anyone of those I'm pretty sharp when it comes o these cars but no genius by no means I've owned enough to start a small Thunderbird car lot I still own 7 built them and restored them so I'm aware of their temperament lol

Funy I have a 93 doing the same thing but mine is a Supercoupe and there's alot more going on there but you could have many things causing this a plugged fuel filter,mas-air flow sensor,throttle body,throttle controler and positioning sensor,plugged cat's it could be anyone of those I'm pretty sharp when it comes o these cars but no genius by no means I've owned enough to start a small Thunderbird car lot I still own 7 built them and restored them so I'm aware of their temperament lol
Mine is a SC as well everyone I ask is telling me to check the vacuum lines

vacuum only likely cause running rough

Does it have an intake air control (IAC) valve? That's a controlled vacuum leak and if the internal valve sticks, it can your problem. With engine running, tap on the side of the IAC with a hammer or wrench. If idle improves, then the valve is sticking.

give it a shot but mine is a a throttle or a super charger issue I think ever after the rebuild something not right with this car lack of power and boost now it's completely gone ape-shoot

Back