71 thunderbird 2dr ht roof rail weatherstrip

T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
On 71 2 dr hardtop sportback, I’m having trouble locating a roof rail weatherstrip. Tried searching online suppliers like macs. I’m thinking there is a universal rubber that may work or maybe just use chevy ht rubber. Anyone deal with this before or have suggestions?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I can tell you 1st hand if you find them they will be expensive. When I was trying to get 1/4 glass seals from Macs they kept sending me mis packaged parts. The rt side was fine but the lt was incorrect. They never listened to what I was saying to straighten it out but they did keep sending me the exact same wrong parts. The last time they did it actually had a part number on them from Scott Drake, a mustang parts supplier, anyhow it got me looking into mustang numbers which led me to find proper 1/4 seals at 1/3 the price. Then I searched mustang fastback roof rail seals and I was able to find the same profile which is what I bought. The only difference is at the frt of the seal where it mounts to the A pillar is a slightly different shape. I was able to get a set on sale for under $50 when the t bird specific ones were nearly $400 but no one had them

Friday I ordered a roof rail weatherstrip for a 71-73 mustang after seeing it specified as the same part number in the factory service manual. Can compare it when it shows up in the mail.
I’ve also found a auveco roof rail for gm that is workable although not original appearing.
No suppliers I’ve contacted so far had any leads to offer though.

thanks for the reply!

Back