66 Thunderbird brake bleeding with proportioning valve

BayAreaBird66

BayAreaBird66

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone confirm if the original equipment style proportioning valve will shut off fluid flow upon bleeding the brakes? I recently replaced my master & wheel cylinders, all brake lines & hoses, as well as the brake booster. Now its time to bleed the system. My concern is will the valve close up as a safety precation? I've seen vids on youtube as far as bleeding brakes on t-birds but none clarify if the p-valve will shut of fluid flow. Some proportioning valves have a pin that drops into place(as a safety measure) when a line leak occurs. The OE design on the 66 T-birds have an internal spring/plunger design so I'm not sure if that same failsafe will occur when I bleed my brakes. Does anyone know if there's a special procedure neccessary having this OE p-valve or can I just bleed the brakes as one would using the traditional method?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had no problems bleeding the brakes on my 65 with p-valve.

Back