'66 CVR (constant voltage regulator) replacement

Southernboy

Southernboy

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I noticed the temp and fuel gauges on my '66 were reading erratically and decided the CVR must be the culprit. As many people have suggested, I pulled down the clock panel for access and replaced the unit. Now none of the instruments work. Is there a trick to this? it appeared to be a straightforward 2 wire unplug/replug replacement. I tried 2 CVRs thinking I must have gotten a dud the first time.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I noticed the temp and fuel gauges on my '66 were reading erratically and decided the CVR must be the culprit. As many people have suggested, I pulled down the clock panel for access and replaced the unit. Now none of the instruments work. Is there a trick to this? it appeared to be a straightforward 2 wire unplug/replug replacement. I tried 2 CVRs thinking I must have gotten a dud the first time.
The CVR must have a good ground.

I thought that I had it properly grounded, but it makes sense that it may not be. Will go back into it tomorrow and try again. Thanks!

I read there is a person that has a reliable replacement CVR unit, is there someone on the FTForm that has a link to this source or another source of CVR units that are quality and will last. Thanks

Back