65 Whimbeldon White Special Landau coming home.

40birds
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Few
9101DB9A-5D7E-433B-9049-C5613626658D.jpeg B52C7B63-1F06-41E3-80A3-A60D22B5BC63.jpeg Of all the thunderbirds my late father and myself had and have there were a few that I never wanted to see go, a 57, and 2 ‘65 Special Landaus. The 57 was sold when I was a kid way before the internet so wouldn’t even know where to begin to try to locate, then we had a matched set of the SLs. A few years ago I stumbled upon the white one with its current owner amazingly only 30 or so miles away. As of now I haven’t been able to locate the emberglow one but since the majority of the 4500 of them were emberglow and they do turn up from time to time you never know. Any how as most things in life timing is key and every time the car was up for sale I had just bought another car or other life things happened. Until now. The gentleman who has it now contacted me this past weekend and it’s finally coming back. This was the last bird put together by my father and me and due to my excitement figured who better to share this news with than fellow t bird people. Here’s a couple pics of it, the magazine picture is from the article they did on us quite a few years ago

Very nice looking car. I myself have an emberglow SL. It's interesting that the wheel discs for the white SL weren't color coded to the Body color as the emberglo was. I hope some day you find the emberglow car. I'm also looking for a 65 Landau I owned back in 1970.

Very nice looking car. I myself have an emberglow SL. It's interesting that the wheel discs for the white SL weren't color coded to the Body color as the emberglo was. I hope some day you find the emberglow car. I'm also looking for a 65 Landau I owned back in 1970.
Yeah, for the subtle things they did to differentiate them from the regular Landaus that would have been a nice touch. My only guess is that since these were late production cars and not really put out as 10th anniversary editions combined with the fact that only about 200 were produced in white that the expense to Ford wasn’t justified.

Back