64 tbird turn signal switch 10 wire + 1 for selector bulb ( manufactured jan64)

CoinUk64Tbird

CoinUk64Tbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all
New 64 tbird hardtop owner from across the pond
looking for some help/info
my 64 tbird has the 10/.11 wire turn switch( 1 wire is for the selector bulb)
I thought the wiring had been 'hacked about' but I believe some one has done the 64 stop lamp recall update.
I have had problems with the right rear ( US driver side) tail light not flashing.
btw everything else was working after I sorted out a bogde done by the dealers 'auto electrician..twisting wires together & taping them up ..BADLY !! caused a short & blew the fuse.

Anyway I have been testing on an old switch that came with a 2nd hand column( I bought with a bunnch of other bits)
with the switch on the bench.. across the Orange/Blue wire & the Green/Orange wire I get continuity across when the turn signal in not operated, when you operate it in either direction it breaks the circuit.
On the one in my 64 doing the same test I get an open circuit in all positions..So can any of you guys/gals out there tell me which is correct with the turn signal switch in the 'off' position & then in the 'On' position ?
1) Continuity
or
2) open circuit

I shall be following the advice given to Nemisis, re tracing & testing the wiring.

The hack.. / 64 recall over the stop lights So can anyone tell me or post a diagram of that this should look like when done correctly, at present it had a Durite 0-727-16 12v 40A relay that incorporates a diode across 85 & 86
1 wire ( black ) goes to earth 85
1 green white ( from the brake switch connector) to 86
1 green wire 30
1 red 87
the red is fed by a black wire with an inline fuse to the +ve of the starter solenoid
green/red from the brake switch joins to this black wire ( photos 2 & 3)

green feeds green wire into the firewall
There is also a green/red wire loose ( with a bullit female connector on it ) that disappears in the firewall with the green wire. ( photo 3 )
green/white from the brake switch to 86 on the relay.

the first pic is the 'bodge' in the trunk
IMG_3942.jpgIMG_3969.jpgIMG_3971.jpgIMG_3972.jpgIMG_3973.jpgIMG_3974.jpgIMG_3975.jpg

Thanks Colin

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Back