64 control arms/ball joints one unit?

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I ordered some upper ball joints for my 64. A mechanic told me the control arms and ball joints are one unit. Is he correct because I can’t find such an assembly for sale. Whadda think?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Charliedog,
Find another mechanic, ideally one that works on older domestic cars. They are probably riveted in and he can't find a wrench to fit.

While your replacing the BJ's, replace the control arm bushings as well, half of the disassembly is already done.

Good luck,
Steve

Last edited:
Charliedog,
Find another mechanic, ideally one that works on older domestic cars. They are probably riveted in and he can't find a wrench to fit.

While your replacing the BJ's, replace the control arm bushings as well, half of the disassembly is already done.

Good luck,
Steve
Thanks Steve. You da man

I ordered some upper ball joints for my 64. A mechanic told me the control arms and ball joints are one unit. Is he correct because I can’t find such an assembly for sale. Whadda think?
Ball joints are rivited to control arms Drill out rivets and then they can be replaced with Bolt in ones

Last edited:
Back