64 Bird with flickering lights

ArloBirdDriver

ArloBirdDriver

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
i just had my headlights reactivated by a friend who told me that when I had a radio install that the old wires were reconnected incorrectly. All the dash lights curtesy interior lights and head and tail lights work but the headlights, tail lights, and dash lights have a flicker especially on low beam. Also the ammeter swings pretty wildly at times from left to right except at idle. I don’t drive much at night but I sure would like a fix to this distracting problem.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

i just had my headlights reactivated by a friend who told me that when I had a radio install that the old wires were reconnected incorrectly. All the dash lights curtesy interior lights and head and tail lights work but the headlights, tail lights, and dash lights have a flicker especially on low beam. Also the ammeter swings pretty wildly at times from left to right except at idle. I don’t drive much at night but I sure would like a fix to this distracting problem.
It may possibly a ground problem. Check ground wires. good luck.

Back