63 Thunderbird fliplid wiring, 4 wires going into 3 ?

Rodneymiller

Rodneymiller

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have 4 wires coming from the deck lid & 3 wires coming from the flip motor, I think I'm missing something ?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have 4 wires coming from the deck lid & 3 wires coming from the flip motor, I think I'm missing something ?
Hello Rodneymiller

I just finished working out the wiring on my 1963 flip top. The motor has 4 wires and a small square plug with red black on one side and yellow green on the other. The wiring harness has 2 connectors with 2 wires. One connector is red and the other is black. These 2 plug into the 4 wire connector on the motor. If you need more info send me an email cnovoa2@******* and I can send you pictures.

Hope this helps
Cam

Hello Rodneymiller

I just finished working out the wiring on my 1963 flip top. The motor has 4 wires and a small square plug with red black on one side and yellow green on the other. The wiring harness has 2 connectors with 2 wires. One connector is red and the other is black. These 2 plug into the 4 wire connector on the motor. If you need more info send me an email cnovoa2@******* and I can send you pictures.

Hope this helps
Cam
This is Buzzy, I just had my flip lid gear box replaced. I just unbolted the 3 bolts that hold the motor gearbox and arm that the flip lid bolts too. Look nice when I received it back, but I cannot get it to work. I do not understand the wiring diagram that is on my top book. I need pictures of the plugs that the motor, and the other plug ends plug into. I need to see the color of the wires. Can you help?
Buzzy

Back