62 Steering Pivot Bracket Bush Supplier?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Hadderz

Hadderz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi anyone know of a supplier who has the pivot bracket bush? This is the rubber bush that sits on the clamp which connects the column to the steering gearbox that has the dowel pin connection. The bush is sort of cotton reel shape (flared top and bottom) and has a nylon plastic T shop washer pushed in top and bottom.
Thanks in advance!

Hi there. My favorite go to places are Thunderbird Headquarters and Bird Nest. The former sells used parts as well, I believe. You can then google the part and find additional sources I would think. Good luck!

Doug

Hi there. My favorite go to places are Thunderbird Headquarters and Bird Nest. The former sells used parts as well, I believe. You can then google the part and find additional sources I would think. Good luck!

Doug
Thanks, tried those but seems the parts haven’t been reproduced. Not sure if I want used but may have to go that route.

OK. You could try Desert Valley, it's a wrecking yard in Arizona that caters to classics. I've found parts for 60's fords there in the past and their car inventory is online.

Another suggestion is *****************. John Draxler is the owner and if he does not have the part you're looking for, he can probably point you in the right direction. John also has a cross reference he sells that shows for a given part what different years of cars use that same part.

Doug

Hadderz,

Resurrecting this old thread to see if you ever found a replacement bushing? Or if anyone else can recommend a source for a new part?

I just discovered that my pivot bracket bushing is gone and I need a replacement.

Thanks in advance!

Hadderz,

Resurrecting this old thread to see if you ever found a replacement bushing? Or if anyone else can recommend a source for a new part?

I just discovered that my pivot bracket bushing is gone and I need a replacement.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Nope, nothing found!

Back