62 Dropped my transmission :-( swap info question

Hadderz

Hadderz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, having spent hours cleaning up the externals on my transmission, I placed it on my work trolley and moved it onto its side to drop the pan and conduct a filter change. All fine except I'd the wrong gasket and filter - mine seems to be a 63 not a 62. Anyway whilst waiting for the parts the trolley moved around the workshop, for the last few weeks I kept finding ball bearings which at first considered if these had fell out of the transmission. Watched a few re-build videos to see if there were any and there's only one - so check and all was well. End of last week discovered the bearings were from the trolley wheel as when moving it collapsed sending the transmission onto the floor. Cracked the bell housing and fractured the tail housing all the way around the bolts....best day ever!!! Moving on I located another transmission which looked identical -same case length, bell housing etc but its out of a 63 Galaxie. Just cleaned that one up and I'm just going to fit without messing with the pan / filter etc. Anyway the cooling pipe fittings were different so changed them over from my previous one but the rear off this transmission has a non return valve looking thing in the pipe adaptor. My original hasn't - is it ok to use without this???
Sorry for the essay!
Andy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back