57 Windshield upper trim install

C

cscolastico

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good afternoon. Hope everyone is doing well. Just finished polishing my stainless top windshield trim. Any tips on how to reinstall the trim.

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

How did you get it off, isn't part of it embedded in the windshield weather seal?

From directions I received from the forums, I pried it off from the inside edge of the windshield frame. Hopefully, that was right. I'm now at the point where I need to reinstall it.

Good luck . The only way I know is to remove the windshield, and install the trim as you reinstall the windshield. Hopefully, someone has a better way.

On a 55 the bottom pieces fit into the windshield seal and the top piece snaps under the windshield frame behind the seal. It's a little finicky but with patience you can fit the top piece back in. The bottom peices won't come out or go back in without removing the windshield or completely destroying the stainless trim. I can't find the pictures of mine when it was removed to show you the clips on the underside of top trim and how it fits back together. I'll continue to look.

This picture is the top retainer piece that goes inside the weather strip and the trim clips to it from the front

Attachments

• received_384593492116505.jpeg
    received_384593492116505.jpeg
    591.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks. Fortunately, I'm just dealing with the top right now. Dumb question, do I attach the clips to the windshield frame and then try to attach the trim to the clips? Or do I attach the clips to the trim, and then try to attach both to the frame? Thanks

Back