57 Accelerator to Pedal Rod

valhalla 4771

valhalla 4771

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The accelerator rod (#9727) pokes through the firewall. Seems like there should be a grommet. Illustrated manual does not show anything, but Text Manual refers to a Seal for Accelerator Peddle Rod, part #9793, which none of the vendors seem to carry. Does this seal attach to the hole in the firewall? Can someone describe what it is..dimensions? Made out of what? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

If I recall, this seal is simply a cork gasket that has a slit opening. I don’t bother with it as the insulation, carpet pad and carpet provide plenty of sealing. Never had a problem with water or fumes getting in. It’s really a personal choice whether to use it or not.

Great! One less minutiae to track down. Thanks.

The accelerator rod (#9727) pokes through the firewall. Seems like there should be a grommet. Illustrated manual does not show anything, but Text Manual refers to a Seal for Accelerator Peddle Rod, part #9793, which none of the vendors seem to carry. Does this seal attach to the hole in the firewall? Can someone describe what it is..dimensions? Made out of what? Thanks.
CASCO sells the cork seal for the accelerator pedal rod for $1.05.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back