56 passenger window adjustment

M

Mr vette

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
spent weekend adjusting doors and windows, every thing fine except R window, adjustment, about a inch away from top adjustments all the way up, any ideas

Are you saying the window does not go all the way up to the stops or the window hits the stops when not all the way up?

The stops have nothing to do with it,after loosening the adjustments on the regulator and raising as far up as possible, still a inch short

The only thing I can think of is to unlatch the rollers from the scissor and see if you can pull it up into position by hand. By process of elimination you can determine if it's the glass carriage being interfered with or the scissor mechanism. It could be as simple as a too long bolt someplace. I'm pulling mine to clean and re-grease the electric motor gear case as the grease is so hard the windows barely move unless it's over 70 degrees out.

Does the contour of the window have the same gap all the way around? I ask, just thinking if the window is the correct window for the car.

Does the contour of the window have the same gap all the way around? I ask, just thinking if the window is the correct window for the car.
I think he started from original scratch but just missed something re-assembling and adjusting. No shop Manuel teaches you how to trouble shoot to any degree in things like this.

Had a oldtime body man out today, stomped him to, probably going to try longateing the adjusting holes, if that doesn't work guess I'll have to order a new regulator, thanks for responses

Call Hill's and/or CASCO tech dept for help. There is a fix, but can't remember what it is.

Had a oldtime body man out today, stomped him to, probably going to try longateing the adjusting holes, if that doesn't work guess I'll have to order a new regulator, thanks for responses
Don't modify anything. Find out what's interfering as you did not mention this problem existed before you started messing.

Don't modify anything. Find out what's interfering as you did not mention this problem existed before you started messing.
That's why we started messing, mines a manual window

I agree with Ward 57 don’t modify anything, the window would have fitted correctly originally. Something must have broken/worn out or bent. Strip and check would be my suggestion.

Problem solved,wrong regulator, installed new one perfect fit

Back