1955 shay replica wanted

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
looking4abird

looking4abird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
I’m looking for a 55 t-bird replica that is ready to hit the road! If you have one you are considering selling, or have any leads, I’d be appreciative.

I am searching for a 1955 Shay Thunderbird. I would love to find one with a 302 automatic but I am interested in any of the Shay's you may have just sitting in your garage looking for a new home. Thanks everyone...sclaw

I am searching for a 1955 Shay Thunderbird. I would love to find one with a 302 automatic but I am interested in any of the Shay's you may have just sitting in your garage looking for a new home. Thanks everyone...sclaw
They reportedly only made about 200. The odds of finding one are not good. Someone post this one a while back and disappeared but there is good information in the thread.

Someone also posted this recently- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum.com/threads/1957-value.13418/

Last edited:
I know all about the Shays. I have one of the roadsters and I HAD one of the Thunderbirds but I let it go (like a fool). That is why I am looking for another one. There were only 200 Shay Thunderbird ever built and they were made to order. I am a member of the International Shay Owners Association.....Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
No that is not a Shay. Harry Shay only built 1955 Thunderbirds for the 25th anniversary of the 1955 Ford Thunderbird. This is a 1957 that has had a LOT of changes made to it. I don't know if this one is worth restoring or not....Steve

I know all about the Shays. I have one of the roadsters and I HAD one of the Thunderbirds but I let it go (like a fool). That is why I am looking for another one. There were only 200 Shay Thunderbird ever built and they were made to order. I am a member of the International Shay Owners Association.....Steve
Could I get a link to sign up for this association? I have a 1955 Shay TBird looking to restore. It has been hard to find help. Thank you

Back