55 heater vacuum line question

S

Steve in Denver

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I guess I am a new-bee helper. A friend and I are restoring a 55 bird for a friend of his. Anyway, we are working on the vacuum line to the heater. I'm not sure what it is called but there is a switch inside the heater under the dash that has two vacuum lines going to it, a big one and a small one. We figured out the small one, the big one goes to a T. We figured out that part of the T hooks up to the fuel pump, but where does the other line go. Sorry, I know I don't have all the terminology correct. "The thingie hooks up to the whatchamacall it".

Steve
IMG_7004.JPGIMG_6999.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I guess I am a new-bee helper. A friend and I are restoring a 55 bird for a friend of his. Anyway, we are working on the vacuum line to the heater. I'm not sure what it is called but there is a switch inside the heater under the dash that has two vacuum lines going to it, a big one and a small one. We figured out the small one, the big one goes to a T. We figured out that part of the T hooks up to the fuel pump, but where does the other line go. Sorry, I know I don't have all the terminology correct. "The thingie hooks up to the whatchamacall it".

Steve
The other one at the t.ee goes to the windshield wipers motor

Great, thanks Dick. That is a big help. I'm sure I will have more questions as we put this 55 back together. The dash is out and mostly rewired. Need to figure the 6 volt radio out as the car has been converted to 12 volt. I hear the 56-57 radios will not fit, any other suggestions? Steve

Great, thanks Dick. That is a big help. I'm sure I will have more questions as we put this 55 back together. The dash is out and mostly rewired. Need to figure the 6 volt radio out as the car has been converted to 12 volt. I hear the 56-57 radios will not fit, any other suggestions? Steve

I think a 56 radio will fit.. just different brackets. Are you in Denver, Pa.

Sorry, Denver, CO, how do I change my info?

Oh, does anyone know if the radio frequencies in Germany are the same as those in the US, thus which radio. I think England has different frequencies.

Back