55 bird shop best manual ?

HRUVDT564
Last seen
I have purchased 2 manuals ( electrical and body / trim) both are poor copies from pages of a real manual.
I seen folks suggesting buying a shop manual, is the attached photo the best manual for my little 55 bird?

Attachments

• 3249960E-109A-411B-A87E-60C90A25B597.jpeg
    3249960E-109A-411B-A87E-60C90A25B597.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have purchased 2 manuals ( electrical and body / trim) both are poor copies from pages of a real manual.
I seen folks suggesting buying a shop manual, is the attached photo the best manual for my little 55 bird?
That would appear to be the factory or a re-print of the factory shop manual. At that point in time Ford shop manuals were basically the passenger car manual with additional information for Thunderbirds. All three years are basically 55 ford mechanicals with some exceptions. change to12 volt in 56. radio variations, 9" rear for 57. welded in trans cross-member and longer frame in 57. Other changes but less mechanical rather than cosmetic. Case in point; the door seals are all the same even though the 57 door looks different from 55 and 56. there is a small sheetmetal stamping attached to the 57 door that allows the door seal to seat properly.
good luck, J.

I’m wondering where you purchased the manual you showed on your post. I have the same manual and have friends with the same and with noticeable print quality issues. If you bought it from a reputable bab6 Bird parts supply company like Hills or Casco (which are both in Ohio) or Concours or Larry’s, Prestige Thunderbird. you would probably have a good quality one.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
Back