2004 Pacific Coast Edition For Sale

• Thread starter notquiteflotsam
  • Start date
N

notquiteflotsam

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Well, it's time to let this one go from the family.

Asking Price: $9,900
Miles: 191,900

Currently my daily driver as I'm between primary cars. Yes it's a lot of miles but all is in working order. The ad is an honest assessment of the vehicle as you'll see, but happy to answer any further questions the experts here may have about it. I'm in Austin, Texas.
Transmission, brakes, AC Compressor, rear struts, seat covers are all new. Any feedback on the price is welcome. Hard to assess a car with this many miles. Not pictured is the ash-gray hard top as well.

IMG_8508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Currently my daily driver as I'm between primary cars. Yes it's a lot of miles but all is in working order. The ad is an honest assessment of the vehicle as you'll see, but happy to answer any further questions the experts here may have about it. I'm in Austin, Texas.
Transmission, brakes, AC Compressor, rear struts, seat covers are all new. Any feedback on the price is welcome. Hard to assess a car with this many miles. Not pictured is the ash-gray hard top as well.

View attachment 28801
I somehow lost ability to edit the ad, but here is some additional information:

Currently my daily driver as I'm between primary cars. Yes it's a lot of miles but all is in working order. This is a beautiful edition that I inherited from my dad about 3 years ago and it's time to pass it on. Dad drove it daily but I've just used it on weekends when it's not 1000 degrees in Austin to drive out to the hill country or for date night. I don't have much history since I took ownership at 187,000 miles in 2020. Since I've owned it, I have performed the following maintenance and repairs:
- New brake pads rotors and tires at 187,500
- New thermostat housing and intake gasket at 189,700
- Rebuilt transmission at 190,800
- New rear shocks at 191,200
- New Battery at 191,000
- New AC compressor at 191,900
- Regular fluid changes and recent rear differential fluid change.
Based on limited records from Dad, the following service items were performed:
- Major Fuel Injection Service, Engine Valve Cover Gasket, Oil Pan Gasket, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs at 185,200
- New Leather Seat covers at 185,000 - Steering Column was replaced at 184,900
- Water Pump, and Fuel Pressure Sensor at 172,916

The v8 still purrs and is a head turner in Monterrey Mist. This has built-in GPS, plus a CarPlay/Android Head Unit and a backup camera. It has been garage kept since Dad owned it. The hardtop (in gray, matching the interior) is in storage but can send photos if required. The automatic soft top operates as it should. The issues I know about are an intermittent CEL for a fuel vapor leak but it's never cause an issue for emissions testing, clearing it out and staying out to pass. While having the AC compressor replaced, the only other issue identified by the mechanic is the need for a valve cover gasket (~$950). If you're in Austin, I'll split this with you at the shop which offers a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty on their work, so that the warranty is in your name.

Back