2002 Front Upper Left Control Arm Washer

C

cm2002tbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am replacing the front end, specifically the Front Upper Left control arm. I have the manual that's a VMware Ford workstation. It states in a note not to lose the "tapered washer". I didn't lose it, it was never there. Called the local for dealer and he didn't even show it on the screen. Has anyone else seen those? Any idea if these actually exist? If so, any kind of part number or a place to get one would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I am replacing the front end, specifically the Front Upper Left control arm. I have the manual that's a VMware Ford workstation. It states in a note not to lose the "tapered washer". I didn't lose it, it was never there. Called the local for dealer and he didn't even show it on the screen. Has anyone else seen those? Any idea if these actually exist? If so, any kind of part number or a place to get one would be great.

Thanks in advance!
cm2002tbird, I am looking in my Ford Shop Manual for the 2005 year and step 4 has the note about insuring the tapered washer is installed on the ball joint before connecting the lower control arm to the knuckle. Like you I can NOT find any reference to that washer. However in the drawung it shows that the diameter of the washer fits exactly into raised edges of the ball joint.
Hope this helps,

Back