1997 4.6 performance engine build

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
K
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Any recommendations for performance parts for a stock 4.6 liter 1997 Thunderbird? Summit racing was no help answering my emails. I am looking to get the stock 4.6 up to 300 HP without forced induction. The engine is completely stock right now.

I checked with Howards Cams, they asked questions about trans and rear gearing. When I answered, they recommended the cams I ordered. So, I would tell you to do the same. With their recommended cams, 2 1/2" open exhaust and I found someone that could tweak my computer. My little small block 4.6 is pushing approx. 325 horse. That's a lot for a 215 hp engine.

I also found a man that tricks out the pre-2000 4.6 computers. I run 3.73 posi gears. 67mph in 300 feet. Ain't bad for a 3500 pound grocery getter. No headers yet, to expensive.
I checked with Howards Cams, they asked questions about trans and rear gearing. When I answered, they recommended the cams I ordered. So, I would tell you to do the same. With their recommended cams, 2 1/2" open exhaust and I found someone that could tweak my computer. My little small block 4.6 is pushing approx. 325 horse. That's a lot for a 215 hp engine.

Back