1994-97 modding

B
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
None
Hi everyone. New member here, but not new to Ford our T-Birds. I previously owned a 1996 LX T-Bird V6. It was the 3rd car I owned and was about 3 years old when I got it. I absolutely loved that car for 3 years until I got my first Mustang. I've recently had the idea of finding later 10th gen like the one I used to have with intention of turning it into a fun and fast car. My questions are:

1) Who here has modded/restored 90s T-Birds? What kind of build did you do? How difficult is it to build these cars?
2) I haven't decided if I would go with an auto or manual. That being said, has anyone converted theirs to manual? How difficult is it? If I wanted to go manual, would I be better off getting a factory manual SC?
3) Some quick internet searches have shown these cars are scarce. Any suggestions on where to look?

I understand I am limiting my options only looking for '94 to '97 model years, but that is the car I had and fell in love with. Honestly, I'd prefer a '96 or '97. I'm thinking a coyote crate motor, tuned up a little with a solid suspension system. While I am the type to only drive my "nice car" in good weather, I do drive them. So I'm not looking for show quality that sits in the garage. I want a clean solid car that's quick and fun to drive. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Start with a S/C with a stick already if you want a stick. Remember there are not a lot of Thunderbird hipo and mod parts out there. Some Mustang stuff will work. I'd be thinking Godzilla, but that's me....

Back