1992 add Keyless entry

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello all,

I have searched but cannot find an answer. I have a 92 bird with power door locks but no keyless entry and I would like to know if I get a factory modual and remote buttons if I be able to make them work. I thinking ford used the same wire harness in all birds so the connector for the modual should be under the dash somewhere. Can anyone share any information or maybe point me in the right direction? I'm probably missing something but that's why I'm here with the questions, and to make the wife happy. Thanks

When you post to the forum, add the car year and a detailed subject. Fixed for you.
model-year.jpg summary-of-post.jpg

How about a remote start add on? They come with remotes and connect into your existing power lock system. It's not OEM if that's important to you but you get the added convenience of the remote start.

Yeah I know about remote start options, no need for that. I'm just looking for anyone that has added or replaced a factory module that used the original OEM remotes. I am looking for information on the wire harness already in the car being able to accept an OEM module to be able to use OEM remotes. I have yet to find a wiring diagram showing anything with regards to the modules. I haven't tried getting any information from a Ford dealer since I don't think they would have too many people up to speed on a 27 yr old T-bird's remote entry system. Thanks anyway.

So you have tried the factory manuals (can be found on Ebay) and they don't reference the modules or keyless entry???

Back