1988 AOD 8 cyl shift indicator

D

dirtywaterdiver

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can someone tell me the shift pattern or have a pic for an 88 8 cyl with an AOD trans. Is it R N D 2 1 or something else.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks. Yes, it is an AOD that was in an 88 V8 that I put in my Edsel. At the risk of sounding like a right nobhead. How do I drive it? Just put in Ⓓ for everyday driving? What is D and 1 for.

If your throttle valve cable is adjusted correctly then yes, just put it in the OD position. D locks out the overdrive and 1 holds it in low gear. I sometimes drop mine to the D position when I am just cruising in town. If you want to do a manual shift thru all the gears you have to do the AOD shuffle to hold it in 2nd as these transmissions like to hit 3rd at around 4500 RPM, unless you have a modified valve body. Mine is a wide spaced ratio and has a Baumann engineering valve body mod with all the clutch mods and the large OD servo and is rock solid thru all the gears. These are great transmissions when built properly.
Take care
Ed

Back