1986 Turbo runs rough

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1986 Tbird Turbo. Bought it new and have had it stored for awhile now. I take it out every few years but for the past 2 years I have been working on and choppy idling issue. It acts like it is missing. When you get the RPMS up runs ok and runs better when warm but not great. Did a tune up , checked timing and compression. MAP sensor IAC value but especially when it is cold it cuts out and almost stalls. Ford won't touch it, They claim they don't have the diagnostic tools to look at it. Looking at the EGR valve now but I have almost 1500 into it in the past 2 years and no one seems to know what is wrong. Any thought or suggestions , kind of dead in the water now. Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of things to check, but I would start with the temperature sending unit. After that pull the mass airflow sensor and make sure it's 100 percent clean. A spider web across it will disrupt the reading without causing a fault code.

Back