1978 Trouble sourcing a brake booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tbird&Amazon

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I'm looking for a power brake booster, which seems impossible to find anywhere.
Can I get another model and swap the rods? Or will I have to rebuild this one?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello, I have a '79, and like many others, i have the same issue as you. The general consensus seems to be to have yours rebuilt, as there are no new ones available. Unless of course you find a unicorn NOS somewhere! There are many options, and many take having NAPA rebuild yours for you. Most auto parts shops seem to do the same. It seems that they are taking a few weeks or so to get it back to you, am I'm guessing this time of year might be busy, as many cars are in storage. Luckily mine isn't too bad, as mine gets used year round, so I'm not crazy about having it off the road for that long. In my case, I'll probably do mine next summer, when it gets so miserably hot we don't want to go out. Anyway, best of luck!

Thanks for the info Dave. Are rebuild kits avaliable then? I can't seem to find those either. If not, where does Napa get the new membrane etc from?
I'm in Europe so my best course of action would be to order a rebuild kit and take my booster to a local shop to have it rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back