1978 Anyone in south central Wisconsin willing to help?

E
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey ;)

I just got a 1978 Tbird, I got it running and driving, but I'm not really experienced with older cars so I would like someone experienced to take a look/listen and maybe fine tune the carb/timing and have a general look at the car to see if there is maybe something I missed.

I'm not looking for a shop recommendation, but for someone who has some spare time, a space to work on a car and would enjoy hanging out for a couple of hours helping me fix the car, maybe drink a beer or two ;)

I'm from Madison, WI

Thanks!

maybe drink a beer or two ;)
What if they are a recovering alcoholic? Unfortunately the odds of finding someone on the forum are slim to none, especially on the late 70s models.

What if they are a recovering alcoholic? Unfortunately the odds of finding someone on the forum are slim to none, especially on the late 70s models.
Then we can grab a can of coke of some coffee ;)

Well, I thought it's worth a shot. Doesn't hurt to ask. Also it does not necessarily have to be someone who has a late 70s model. The principles I think are similar for other generations, and an experienced car enthusiast can probably set up a carburetor in their sleep.
I can just give the car to a mechanic, but I feel that meeting up with someone who can show me how to do a couple of things and pass on some knowledge is really beneficial. If the older generation doesn't pass their knowledge to the younger ones, who is going to love and care for vintage cars in the future?

Anyways, if someone is nearby and willing to help then great, please let me know! If not then no worries ;)

Thanks!

Back