1977 Thunderbird

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
none
A friend has a 1977 Thunderbird that has, according to a former assembly line worker, a Mini Mark conversion. The line worker said that some Ford dealers could send the Thunderbird to approved coachbuilders to have the fiberglass deck lid styled like the Mark V added, some grille and headlight trim, and the modified roof and headliner converted so that the car would resemble the Mark V but sell for about $5,000 less. He said that this conversion was popular and that he owned one back in the seventies, but I am unable to find any other information regarding such conversion. Would you know where I might look to find if there is actual proof of what the line worker has told me? If true, it would seem that this is now somewhat rare. Thanks, Jack

Sorry I am late to this party … No Mini Mark conversion ever rolled out of the Thunderbird assembly plants of Chicago or Los Angles! There may have been a after market campaign which would have put the conversions at the dealership level ONLY. I have seen the Continental / Thunderbird trunk lid on eBay and on a car for sale both in OH which may be the common denominator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back