1977 Roof Rail Weatherstrip Question

77for2k
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I've been looking hard and long for roof rail seals for my 77' and they are either 600 dollars or completely unavailable. I've seen that the ford ranchero and thunderbird of the year share most of their parts and was wondering,, would the roof rail weatherstrip for a 77 ranchero work on my thunderbird of the same year? Roof rail stripping is only 125 for the Ranchero so it would really save me. Thanks. 20230221_183656.jpg
Image for specification**

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You may have to trim it to fit. I'm betting they made more Ranchero's than Thunderbirds. That's why the Ranchero's parts are cheaper. I'm also guessing that the trim will be longer.

You may have to trim it to fit. I'm betting they made more Ranchero's than Thunderbirds. That's why the Ranchero's parts are cheaper. I'm also guessing that the trim will be longer.
if I can get to work by trimming it that'd be fine, a lot of DIY in the car already. The part for the ranchero roof rail stripping part is also shared with the LTD II of the year. The ranchero and LTD II production number combined doesnt even reach the thunderbird's of the year. Theres just no aftermarket for the 77' it seems, like seriously nothing. Thank you for your input.

Hi, I've been looking hard and long for roof rail seals for my 77' and they are either 600 dollars or completely unavailable. I've seen that the ford ranchero and thunderbird of the year share most of their parts and was wondering,, would the roof rail weatherstrip for a 77 ranchero work on my thunderbird of the same year? Roof rail stripping is only 125 for the Ranchero so it would really save me. Thanks. View attachment 29662
Image for specification**
I know someone that has been trying to get a particular company interested in reproducing these. Stay tuned!

Back