1977 carb settings

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all, I’ve got an 77 T-Bird with the 2150 carb and having an hard time getting the right settings for the choke and hard idle. When the car is warmed up I’m also having trouble with setting the right settings for the air fuel mix.
The car sputters and bogs while idling and when driving the car does hold back. Can someone help me with this / any tips? Thank you kindly and sorry for the bad English I’m from the Netherlands…

46000 original miles no modifications all original

Attachments

• IMG_2584.jpeg
    IMG_2584.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2585.jpeg
    IMG_2585.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2586.jpeg
    IMG_2586.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

First off you need a timing light and a vacuum gauge. Warm it up best you can and set the timing to 6 degrees.
Next very gently turn both of the mixture screws in until they seat and back out 1 1/2 turns
Connect vacuum gauge to manifold and start car. Slowly work each mixture screw until you receive the highest vacuum reading.
Choke settings are dependent on your weather and altitude. Is it choking too much? Or not enough?

Hi Maaike, I can't help you further with your issue beyond what was already said, but I wanted to reply since I just joined this forum and your thread was the first relevant one I saw.
I'm also from the Netherlands, and just bought a 78 model. We might be able to help each other in the future, so if you want you can send me a message.
Groetjes

Back