1972 Brake Rotors

Thunder103880

Thunder103880

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
So, here's my dilemma. What does one do when brake rotors need to be replaced on these cars (and Lincoln Mark IV's) for this year only? Anybody know where to get them, or aftermarket replacements. Seems these are 1-year-only parts. Thanks for any feedback, and thanks for the forum.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Thanks you Devil Dog 62 and to the others for their input ... it is much appreciated. I don't need them yet, but am thinking about down the line when I will, and would buy a pair or two if I can get them. What I do know is that the Ford part numbers are D2SZ-1102-A and D2SZ-1102-B (72 Thunderbird and 72 Mark IV) and 72 Torino is D2OZ-1102-A and D2OZ-11002-B and that they are different diameters, bearing and spindle size from what I have been able to determine, but I will double check the interchange on this and if it's a direct fit will surely jump on it. Y'all have a great weekend, and thanks again! I will post what I learn about it.

don't need all that ford part number stuff and dimensions. Just go to Ebay and put in front rotors for a 72 Thunderbird. They will tell you if it fits your car or not. Try discount99.us for auto parts for your car also
That does NOT work for brake rotors, they are all wrong! Even Summit can't get them, or anyone else.

Thanks you Devil Dog 62 and to the others for their input ... it is much appreciated. I don't need them yet, but am thinking about down the line when I will, and would buy a pair or two if I can get them. What I do know is that the Ford part numbers are D2SZ-1102-A and D2SZ-1102-B (72 Thunderbird and 72 Mark IV) and 72 Torino is D2OZ-1102-A and D2OZ-11002-B and that they are different diameters, bearing and spindle size from what I have been able to determine, but I will double check the interchange on this and if it's a direct fit will surely jump on it. Y'all have a great weekend, and thanks again! I will post what I learn about it.
Did you ever find new ones?? I have no luck and have tried all over, half the people sell me the wrong ones and I have to return them.

With all due respect, sir. the 72 parts are 1-year specific as I have earlier stated. 11.72" large bearing that were only used on 1972 T-Bird, Mark IV and Torino/Montego Police and Extreme Duty with 15" wheels. So yes, I have been in constant search only to find that, as is sometimes the case on ebay, sellers don't always really know what the true applications are, and its a great PITA when you buy the wrong part.
Okay I just checked the specs on the 1969 Thunderbird and the rotor diameter is 11.72 inches
Here is the specs on it. Would this fit your vehicle?

I also found MAC's Auto parts have it listed too.

You can also try this site as they too have your rotors listed.

Back