1969 Thunderbird turn signal switch issues

OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I went and got the plasma LED turn signal conversion kit (kit contains bulbs, new flasher and sequencer board), but my problem now is upon putting the steering wheel back on the switch is not working correctly or is getting stuck. Switch works perfectly fine when the wheel is off, but when on it is causing the downwards clicking to not engage properly or only half way. Another issue is its making the switch stay on even after a turn. Making one side of the brake lights not come on. What could be my issue? Any help? Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a link to the conversation kit you bought?

Do you have a link to the conversation kit you bought?
Sure do. Cougars Unlimited sells the LED blubs, LED sequencer and flasher.

Also I have found my issue! The problem was the turn signal was not properly aligned and slotted into the column. A simple adjusment and she works perfectly! finally! No more dim lights and non working turnsignals!

Last edited by a moderator:
One question for anyone though. What are the bulbs for the side front marker lights on a 1969 thunderbird? I can't seem to find them.

One question for anyone though. What are the bulbs for the side front marker lights on a 1969 thunderbird? I can't seem to find them.
Looks like you might be able to access them behind the splash panel in front of the tire. Should be a cpl screws holding it on

Back