1969 starter issues

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
OneAmongOthers

OneAmongOthers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey guys have a problem maybe one of you could possibly help me out with. So a few weeks ago I went to start my car and the starter wouldn't shut off. Even with the key out the starter remained turning. disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it (ground cable only) and funny thing the starter would still turn after reconnecting power. Now pulling the power cable off the solenoid seemed to stop it. Could the solenoid possibly be bad? or could it be something else?

Most likely the solenoid is bad. The other thing to check is pull off the start wire off the solenoid and try to hook up the battery cable. If it still turns the solenoid is bad. If not your ignition switch has issues.

Most likely the solenoid is bad. The other thing to check is pull off the start wire off the solenoid and try to hook up the battery cable. If it still turns the solenoid is bad. If not your ignition switch has issues.
Hey thanks for the heads up. It was the starter solenoid that was sticking and making the starter keep running. Car is now back on the road again!

Hey guys have a problem maybe one of you could possibly help me out with. So a few weeks ago I went to start my car and the starter wouldn't shut off. Even with the key out the starter remained turning. disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it (ground cable only) and funny thing the starter would still turn after reconnecting power. Now pulling the power cable off the solenoid seemed to stop it. Could the solenoid possibly be bad? or could it be something else?
Hi Guys this is my first post, I just joined, BUT I do have a lot of expereince with FORDS 55 years worth !! YES it definitely sounds like a stuck remote Solenoid switch !!

Hi Guys this is my first post, I just joined, BUT I do have a lot of expereince with FORDS 55 years worth !! YES it definitely sounds like a stuck remote Solenoid switch !!
WELCOME TO OUR MAD HOUSE

Back