1969 Quarter Window Adjust/Repair

RichV13

RichV13

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm having moderate success with my alternate roof rail weather strip replacement. It is very soft by comparison to the 50+ year old rubber. I've not yet aligned the front or quarter windows, but what I encountered as an issue is the instead of the rear quarter window going smoothly forward/back, as I turn the crank it wants to pitch the leading upper corner of the window upwards. This causes it to dig into the softer rubber.

What should I look for, or how should I adjust to get this window moving smoothly forward/backward as intended?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

For those that may one day find themselves in a similar position, the simple answer is adjust the rear glass per the Shop Manual. The more complex version of that answer is, prepare to remove ALL of the rear interior in order to access the glass adjustment bolts. If you can, you might as well replace the beltline weatherstrip if you were able to find some. The rear quarter pieces I had needed to be trimmed.

My 50+ year old body doesn't bend and flex like it used to and neither do 50+ year old interior parts. You will likely need to lift, hold, and use the bolts to help push the seat backs into position.

Back