1969 Front marker light + cornering lamp method of attachment

merccougbird

merccougbird

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can someone help me to identify the method / hardware that Ford used to attach the front fender / side marker light-cornering lamp housing / body to the fender itself ?

If you look at the photo image I've attached it is easy to see the spring clips still attached to the lamp housing body that fasten the outer bezel ( with chromed screws through the fender ) to the housing itself. There are two more larger holes in the housing that have some sort of threaded post / clip system that fasten the housing to the inside of the fender. You can see in my attached image the threaded nut that is used in the attachment of the housing - nothing else to complete the attacment is shown in the image.

I looked through the 1965 - 72 Ford MPC ( page 3163 / illustrations ) and came up with a hardware number for some sort of clip that attaches the housing to the inside of the fender, it is 381940-S and the nut ( which should be the same one as in my photograph ) is 45234-S.

Any images or help ( or even the hardware itself ! ) you can provide in assisting me to get this lamp housing to be correctly attached to the fender on my 1969 T-Bird would greatly be appreciated !

Attachments

• 1968 69 T-bird marker light housing and fasteners.jpg
    1968 69 T-bird marker light housing and fasteners.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1967 - 69 T-bird side marker and cornering lamp ( MPC page 3163 ).jpg
    1967 - 69 T-bird side marker and cornering lamp ( MPC page 3163 ).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 9

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Back