1969 Column Shift Gear Indicator Lamp

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
RichV13

RichV13

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
This shouldn't have been difficult to replace the light bulb to light up the gear indicator on top of the column, but the Shop Manual makes it sound like the hub is a two piece that gets pried apart. I see a fully circular collar, I call a front hub and a fully circular bit I'll call the rear hub. Do I need to remove the steering wheel to change this bulb?
Steering Wheel.png

Hey. I didn't see the manual, but you can easily exchange it. With a thin and small screwdriver, pry up the cover that hides the lamp. You observe carefully that you will notice that it is a curved cover that hides the lamp..and a cap that is fastened with pressure...if you can't, put more photos to help you.. My 69 is under renovation far from home. OK.

Hey. I didn't see the manual, but you can easily exchange it. With a thin and small screwdriver, pry up the cover that hides the lamp. You observe carefully that you will notice that it is a curved cover that hides the lamp..and a cap that is fastened with pressure...if you can't, put more photos to help you.. My 69 is under renovation far from home. OK.
I took some pictures of the steering column, I hope these provide some better context to my problem.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Steering Column.jpg
    Steering Column.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 10
Hi. I didn't exactly see the top behind the gear dial. Exactly behind the dial is to have a cutout which you release and change the bulb. However, I'm seeing in my service manual that the Lincoln Continental is different. The piece that you will have to release (fit) is this one in blue.

Attachments

• ligth.JPG
    ligth.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 6
Back