1968 interior parts wanted armrests, door trim, horn assembly gauges

Spabby
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello! I only recently purchased a 1968 thunderbird (2 door) so I’m a bit new to this. There’s a few things that need work with the car, so I was wondering what a good place to find parts is? I’m looking more for interior parts, specifically the armrests, door trim, horn assembly, and some of the gauges. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello! I only recently purchased a 1968 thunderbird (2 door) so I’m a bit new to this. There’s a few things that need work with the car, so I was wondering what a good place to find parts is? I’m looking more for interior parts, specifically the armrests, door trim, horn assembly, and some of the gauges. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome,
I've salvaged most of my interior parts off a donor car. When it came time to find other needed parts I was sorry to say I didn't do so well. I was able to buy a new headliner and carpet but had to purchase new, aftermarket front seats. I'm currently building my own armrest, because they are impossible to find intact, I should know I've been searching for 6 years.
I have a second set of interior door panels, but they are not in the greatest condition.
Send me specifically what you need and I see if I have any of the items around. Though mind you, I had to sets of most everything and used the best.
Good Luck

center console or bench seat? The armrest I have seen on ebay. Parts float around here and there. Finding interior parts can be hard if not impossible to find. Most of the time look for used or possibly a parts car as mentioned above.

Welcome,
I've salvaged most of my interior parts off a donor car. When it came time to find other needed parts I was sorry to say I didn't do so well. I was able to buy a new headliner and carpet but had to purchase new, aftermarket front seats. I'm currently building my own armrest, because they are impossible to find intact, I should know I've been searching for 6 years.
I have a second set of interior door panels, but they are not in the greatest condition.
Send me specifically what you need and I see if I have any of the items around. Though mind you, I had to sets of most everything and used the best.
Good Luck
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-69-Th...rentrq:c9d46cf11690ad4b567510bffff2b4eb|iid:1

Found this on ebay if this helps. No key however

I have a 68 2 door less eng and trans. Some of the interior is there..no seats, most of glass, all of the dash, etc.
Will take $ 600 for everything. Located near St. Paul, MN.

Hi there ! I also have a 68 Coupe. Parts are hard to get for our cars. Only place to find parts from time to time is eBay.com. Professionals who work with T-Birds have parts only up to 1966 ant there it stops. They forgot us with 67/68/69.....Good luck

Good morning everyone I need some help/guidance. I just bought a 1971 T-bird for the motor "429" to put in a 78 F-150. Well the problem i run into is I believe the car may only have 5800 miles on it. It would be great to see restored but i also need a motor still.

Hi there ! I also have a 68 Coupe. Parts are hard to get for our cars. Only place to find parts from time to time is eBay.com. Professionals who work with T-Birds have parts only up to 1966 ant there it stops. They forgot us with 67/68/69.....Good luck
Hey we are becoming more popular day by day! Hopefully in the near furute we will see parts popping up for them too!

Good morning everyone I need some help/guidance. I just bought a 1971 T-bird for the motor "429" to put in a 78 F-150. Well the problem i run into is I believe the car may only have 5800 miles on it. It would be great to see restored but i also need a motor still.
Okay so where are you going with this?

Is anyone familiar with a company that specializes in rebuilding T-Birds? I guess where i'm going with this is as follows. I have a possible 5800 mile 71 that is complete minus back window. I hate to remove the engine from it because of numbers matching etc but on the other does the car have a good enough following to sell it to someone to restore for enough to buy a similar motor.

Here are a couple of pictures and why i think the miles are original.

Attachments

• 20190328_190657.jpg
    20190328_190657.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190328_190708.jpg
    20190328_190708.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190328_190728.jpg
    20190328_190728.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190328_190806.jpg
    20190328_190806.jpg
    958.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20190328_190811.jpg
    20190328_190811.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, but it's the door side armrest that I and most everyone I spoke too needs, seems like they don't last as long as the rest of the interior.
An automotive interior repair shop should be able to get you fixed up. I would try looking around for one.

Here are a couple of pictures and why i think the miles are original.
The numbers look misaligned. Also take note that the odometer only measures in ten's of thousands not hundreds. I bet it has rolled over at least once judging on how bad the interior looks. That car is defiantly not 5800 miles. well unless someone abandoned it.

Thanks for posting. Please use a subject that tells what your posts is about in the future, also, parts go in the parts wanted/for sale forum. Moving thread now.

John D at the ***************** in WI. can rebuild your armrests, he remakes the inner support from metal. Not cheap but they look like new when done. Ebay and Facebook marketplace can be your friend. I bought a set of buckets and console this past winter. Since then I’ve found 2 more sets so they are out there just hard to find. I am going to do some plastic welding on a set of scrap armrest supports to see how it goes.

John D at the ***************** in WI. can rebuild your armrests, he remakes the inner support from metal. Not cheap but they look like new when done. Ebay and Facebook marketplace can be your friend. I bought a set of buckets and console this past winter. Since then I’ve found 2 more sets so they are out there just hard to find. I am going to do some plastic welding on a set of scrap armrest supports to see how it goes.
I can never get a hold of that guy. I tried a while back for some parts, but he never got back to me.

As I said I've been looking for six years. With no hope either with T-bird savage guys, ebay or anywhere else. I had upholstery shop quote me as much as $500. per. There are just some thinks you need to do yourself. I look forward to the challenge. When done I will post pics!

As I said I've been looking for six years. With no hope either with T-bird savage guys, ebay or anywhere else. I had upholstery shop quote me as much as $500. per. There are just some thinks you need to do yourself. I look forward to the challenge. When done I will post pics!

I would love to see pictures and what you end up doing. I’ll post pics how mine turn out as well. I have had more luck with Facebook marketplace finding parts for my 70 than anywhere else, it has involved road trips but since these parts are made from unobtainium you do what you have to. There is a guy a few hours east of me with a bunch of parts that have been in storage for years, unfortunately he won’t sell me the door pieces I want as he wants me to take the doors complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back