1967 electric windows not working

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
FishEpperson

FishEpperson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
67 T-Bird electric windows will work sometimes and sometimes they won't. No noise or nothing when they quit, the next time you get in they may work. Could it be the switch itself. This is both doors. Also the driver's door like about an inch going up all the way unless you help it. Thanks for the help

My 67 has lost all power to the electric windows. I have power to the relay under the hood and the one behind the glove box but nothing to the window switches. I am lost. They were working and I took a break for about an hour and accidentally left my key on accessory and when I went back no power. everything else is working

did you unhook one or both of your battery cables and leave off for awhile to reset any breakers that might've popped and needed to reset itself?

did you unhook one or both of your battery cables and leave off for awhile to reset any breakers that might've popped and needed to reset itself?
It was the relay under the hood. Tore it apart last night and it wasn't closing all the way. If I pushed the point i side closed everything works. Thank you for asking

67 T-Bird electric windows will work sometimes and sometimes they won't. No noise or nothing when they quit, the next time you get in they may work. Could it be the switch itself. This is both doors. Also the driver's door like about an inch going up all the way unless you help it. Thanks for the help
I bet it is the relay on the firewall. Mine did the same thing. It was the relay.

I bet it is the relay on the firewall. Mine did the same thing. It was the relay.
It was, I ordered it last night. Had fire to it but the points were not closing good. It was just wore out after 54 years I guess

I have a similar issue on my 67. Only the driver side works for me. Where is the relay located at? Thank you

You may have dirty contacts in the switches, or could be a bad ground there 3 grounds to check 1 sucks to get to. Its behind the dash on the passenger side almost at the top of the dash the other two 9n a 67 im not sure where they are, mines a 70 and the switched are door mounted. .

Back