1966 Tbird Vent Windows

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm in the middle of rewiring the windows of my '66. The issue I'm having is that the drivers side vent window is operating backwards! I'm not sure what I did. Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm certain it's something I'm doing wrong. This is not my car, but the person who made the vid is having the exact same issue as me only on the passenger side.

Window motors are DC voltage. The direction of the current flow in a DC motor determines the direction of the motor/rotor. You should be able to swap the motor leads and have the correct rotation.

Thanks for reply, Poppy Red. After looking at a whole bunch of pics of vent windows on Ebay and Google my brother noticed that the rod coming out of the window was clocked about 90* the wrong way. Going by pics, the square end of the rod should be parallel to the window glass. I have no idea how it got that way. I couldn't find any signs of twisting or bending. My father, who took out the motors, says that he doesn't think he bent the rod and the window did open correctly before pulling the motor. I think my Dad's memory may be a bit fuzzy and the window always opened only a few inches. We only drive this car a few weeks out of the year. In the end, I cut the rod and welded it so the square end was parallel to the glass and now it works perfectly.

Back