1966 stiff suspension

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had new A frame bushings, upper and lower, and ball joints, and shocks installed on my 1966 bird. Now the front end seams very stiff, not as plush as it should be. Also, has a popping noise on passenger side. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

What type of shocks did you put on? Gas charged shocks will stiffen the ride.

What type of shocks did you put on? Gas charged shocks will stiffen the ride.
They were just standard replacement shocks from Larrys thunderbird parts out of Oregon. That’s where I got all the bushings and ball joints from also. I can’t push it down much, but I can lift it by grabbing under the front fender, but it stays up, it won’t fall back down unless I push it down myself. I don’t know much about front suspension, but can the bushings be too tight, I know I can’t get the upper a frame bushings to take grease.

They were just standard replacement shocks from Larrys thunderbird parts out of Oregon. That’s where I got all the bushings and ball joints from also. I can’t push it down much, but I can lift it by grabbing under the front fender, but it stays up, it won’t fall back down unless I push it down myself. I don’t know much about front suspension, but can the bushings be too tight, I know I can’t get the upper a frame bushings to take grease.
Unless Brent has moved, Larry's is still in Southern California.

I think Larry's bought them. Or a likely story. While doing some research for other things a bigger automotive group is spreading their wings and expanding.
Okay, Who did Larry's buy?

I didn't commit it to memory. But I do remember they bought an Oregon company and moved their base operations there. A part of a bigger operation and they wanted the institutional information they had as a Nitch provider.
Perhaps I am missing the listing for being located in Oregon. all I find is that they are still in Corona.

Larry's is in Corona. They sell KYB and Bilstein shocks, the latter being the more expensive of the two. KYBs are a bit on the firm side. I put Bilsteins, Hotchkis sway bars, Aerostar springs, and 1 1/2" drop spindles on my 55, but it's still undergoing restoration. The Bilstein shocks, being somewhat performance-oriented, probably on the stiff side as well. Motorcraft shocks were on my car when I inherited it.

Back