1966 Rear differential whine

Owenpeake
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi
My diff started whining today so was wondering if anyone has had a diff kit put in & how long it took to install & the cost ? I know the kits are relatively cheap but how much did it cost to get installed ? -any information would be good thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There is a discussion here about the rear end-

I just did mine on my 56 Bird and total cost was $400 Canadian. I took the diff. out and put it back in so the $400 does not include the labor cost for removal and installation but everything else I had done in a local shop. Every single bearing needed to be replaced. It was worth the $$ no question about that. Not sure if you can compare the 66 rear-end to a 56 but it'll give you an idea I hope.

I had my '66 done 8 months ago. Done by a qualified shop, total cost was $1,819 Cdn. That included a new crown and pinion set, (old one was to worn), all new seals and bearings, including new wheel bearings. Parts were $900 and labour was $913.
Time wise, I took it down in the morning one day, picked it up in the afternoon of the next day.
Cheers

Back