1966 radio door speakers

F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good morning,

I have a '66 conv't that has the am/8track with wiring for door speakers but no speakers and no speaker grills. Apparently door panels have been replaced at some point. Could someone tell me the proper speaker size and if anyone has a set of 4 speaker grills and/or speakers for this car (black preferably but could spray other colors black) Please let me know. Thanks, Mitch

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good morning,

I have a '66 conv't that has the am/8track with wiring for door speakers but no speakers and no speaker grills. Apparently door panels have been replaced at some point. Could someone tell me the proper speaker size and if anyone has a set of 4 speaker grills and/or speakers for this car (black preferably but could spray other colors black) Please let me know. Thanks, Mitch
i have a set of 4 black grills

Good morning,

Good morning,

i used retrosound r-483n from summit racing they fit perfect i am parting out a 66 landau q code which has4 black grills

i used retrosound r-483n from summit racing they fit perfect i am parting out a 66 landau q code which has4 black grills
Good afternoon, please email me at brownfam53@*********

I've also just found out I need the passenger side quarter (rear) window motor. Let me know if you have one that works and what you'd be asking. Thanks, Mitch

Do you have working window motors for the 66?
Still have the Q code intake?
i just bought the car last week getting it delivered sometime this week its pretty much complete wont know what works till then. i am in southern wi

OK, I also need a good black steering wheel. Call me on ************ (Annapolis, MD) or email me on brownfam53@********* when you get the car. By then I suspect I'll have identified additional parts I need. Thanks, Mitch

I would be curious to know myself exactly what speakers go in this car.

My assumption, remembering it's only an assumption, is that each door has two 4x8 speakers. The speakers are 4 ohms, and each door has two speakers wired in series, providing an 8 ohm load to the left and right amps of the radio. The radio itself is (for sure) a Motorola, and it has a few idiosyncrasies. The tape heads are always bad, providing a weak, muffled sound from the tapes. The motors, about 1 in 3 are bad, giving you wow and flutter. There is a microswitch that activates the motor when a tape in inserted; this switch is pushed with a plunger that's about 1/4 inch long and has about a 1/64th inch travel. The tape has to be exactly right, if too small the motor won't come on, and if too big the tape won't contact the capstan roller and will just sit there. Later models replace this plunger with a piece of spring metal that works much better. BTW, if you need a belt, use a flat belt that's 11.5". I think this is correct for all Motorola sets.

Back