1966 Quarter Window adjustment

cloudy

cloudy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My 66 convertible drivers side rear quarter window does not line up with the channel in the convertible top, does anyone know if the top can be adjusted so the window aligns with the channel. Right now it is at least a quarter inch off and will not close all the way.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There are adjustments in the quarter window box. With a little work you should be able to get it to line up with the top

My 66 convertible drivers side rear quarter window does not line up with the channel in the convertible top, does anyone know if the top can be adjusted so the window aligns with the channel. Right now it is at least a quarter inch off and will not close all the way.
There are adjustments on rear windows the window is incorporated within an envelope with two top bolts for lateral adjustments and the bottom has an adjustment for tilting whole window from top to bottom. Of course you have to remove the interior panels to access it then there four bolts that trap it with a cover plate

There are adjustments on rear windows the window is incorporated within an envelope with two top bolts for lateral adjustments and the bottom has an adjustment for tilting whole window from top to bottom. Of course you have to remove the interior panels to access it then there four bolts that trap it with a cover plate
I should have asked does the rear window align with door window ? You will need to check this as well

The rear window does align with the front window, that's what was throwing me off.
Thanks for the reply I will look for the adjustments.

The rear window does align with the front window, that's what was throwing me off.
Thanks for the reply I will look for the adjustments.
If the rear window align with the door window and the doors window align with the top track completely it maybe the the rear windows top track i dont think there is a lot of adjustment on this piece but you can try lifting the top partially maybe straight up and see if this piece is loose or a fastener has come out or broke. Im assuming the other side of car Windows are all in alignment. By reading your post im not aure if you mean the rear window is just shirt of reaching the tops track but aligns with the fronnt window is this is the case then you would want to acces the rear windows mounting fasteners as i mentioned earlier just loosen the top two and bottom center bolt on window frame it is all one piece and slide window up to meet required height. Hope this helps.

Back