1966 hood & fender bodywork

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello All, I am new to the community and working on a Restoration of a 66 Thunderbird. Having some major issues with the front fenders and hood.

The vehicle has been I'm several minor impacts involving each fender and thankfully only the fenders were hit. The fenders have been blasted now and they are far beyond repair. Is there anyone that can point me I'm a direction to find some fenders? No yards around me have a 66 Bird I can use from.

Next issue I am facing is the hood had had some pretty bad damage to the front lip (appears to be a bullet hole). The hood had been repaired with body filler 2 times I'm the past. I am not worried about filler on the hood from a heat standpoint but with that part of the hood being by the latch and a high impacted area with closing of the hood I am only going to continue to have filler popping issues, like has happened I'm the past. Does anyone know where I could find a hood as well? Or have any recommendations of what to do?

Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello All, I am new to the community and working on a Restoration of a 66 Thunderbird. Having some major issues with the front fenders and hood.

The vehicle has been I'm several minor impacts involving each fender and thankfully only the fenders were hit. The fenders have been blasted now and they are far beyond repair. Is there anyone that can point me I'm a direction to find some fenders? No yards around me have a 66 Bird I can use from.

Next issue I am facing is the hood had had some pretty bad damage to the front lip (appears to be a bullet hole). The hood had been repaired with body filler 2 times I'm the past. I am not worried about filler on the hood from a heat standpoint but with that part of the hood being by the latch and a high impacted area with closing of the hood I am only going to continue to have filler popping issues, like has happened I'm the past. Does anyone know where I could find a hood as well? Or have any recommendations of what to do?

Thank you.
These are two places that I would check for Thunderbird parts:
Bird's Nest, 1091 Williamette Falls Dr, West Linn, OR 97068 - (971) 233-9090, ask for Don or Fred
Thunderbird Southwest, 4835 E State Hwy 71, La Grange, TX 7846 - (979) 249-4200, ask for Lance, he has over 38 years of experience with Thunderbirds
If you give me your contact, I can give you more Thunderbird contacts. Congratulations on getting your '66, I, also, have a '66 - a red convertible with lots of goodies.

Use the 4 digit model year in your subject on future posts as prompted. This aids with searches. Also, we are an all Thunderbird site, so you can omit the make/model from the subject. Subject updated.

model-year.jpg

Thank you.
Are they really beyond repair? If there are no rust through issues They can be repaired. The cars today are designed where a fender can be just unbolted and replaced as the new metal is hard to shape by hand.
The art of body repair is being lost. Look for a repair shop that knows how to work in metal. they don't advertise and are hard to find as they work by word of mouth. I see them all the time on Motor trend on TV. The fenders at that time were thick as Ford was still using reclaimed steel from decommissioning ships from WW2. It may not be cheap or quick but they are out there.

Back