1965 -Unknown carburetor piece

• Thread starter redthunderbird65
  • Start date
redthunderbird65

redthunderbird65

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Me and my father are rebuilding a 65’ T-bird in our garage. we found this piece inside the carburetor where the floaters go. was hoping somebody could help us figure out where it goes to.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Its the "door" or baffle that restricts the channel between the front and rear fuel chambers.

Hope this makes sense. The large flat area faces into the large chamber the fuel is in. the 1/2 round area slides over the edge of the channel between the two fuel bowls. You should have 2 of these, one at each end of the carb. These prevent a fuel surge during turns, stops and acceleration. I can't find a picture to help solve the mystery

I inserted your photos into your post using this method:

Its the "door" or baffle that restricts the channel between the front and rear fuel chambers.

Hope this makes sense. The large flat area faces into the large chamber the fuel is in. the 1/2 round area slides over the edge of the channel between the two fuel bowls. You should have 2 of these, one at each end of the carb. These prevent a fuel surge during turns, stops and acceleration. I can't find a picture to help solve the mystery
we found the location of where to put it, but now the problem is that we only have one. any idea of where we might be able to find another?

Back