1965 Thunderbird with T-Tops?

Slfav21
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone seen a 1965 T-bird with T-tops? My research tells me this model doesn’t exist. Yet I bought one. Passenger side was stolen so currently has plexiglass but drivers side is complete with lock-in style. See pics
1583471623289.jpeg 1583471817091.jpeg1583471933153.jpeg
pics

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your research is correct, that shouldn’t exist.
From the factory. Just like a car can have a sunroof added aftermarket, I guess this was also done aftermarket.

Has anyone seen a 1965 T-bird with T-tops? My research tells me this model doesn’t exist. Yet I bought one. Passenger side was stolen so currently has plexiglass but drivers side is complete with lock-in style. See pics
View attachment 10320 View attachment 10321View attachment 10322
pics
I do like it. The T-top is most likely an aftermarket addition. Does the remaining side have any identification? Marking on the glass, stamping of maker etc. I would also carefully examine the frame for any identification. It looks to be a professional job. I would make measurements and take pictures. I would then go to local wrecking yards and see if any of the regular yards can help you. I would also go to local self-service yards. An aftermarket installation could use t-tops from another oem source adapted to your car. there are some later Thunderbirds that had t-tops, probably around 1970. Good luck, I really like the this, J.

Back