1965 suspension rattle

Timotbird

Timotbird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Suspension rattles over uneven surfaces and suspect a loose bushing in the top bracket.
After researching the bushing for proper placement, the tabs that hold it to the bracket should be pressed into place for properly securing it.
I don’t have a press, but wonder if a vice would have sufficient pressure to secure the tabs tight enough so the bushing stays tight into the bracket.
Any comments on the upper bushing being a common cause of rattling and the proper way to secure it in the bracket?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Suspension rattles over uneven surfaces and suspect a loose bushing in the top bracket.
After researching the bushing for proper placement, the tabs that hold it to the bracket should be pressed into place for properly securing it.
I don’t have a press, but wonder if a vice would have sufficient pressure to secure the tabs tight enough so the bushing stays tight into the bracket.
Any comments on the upper bushing being a common cause of rattling and the proper way to secure it in the bracket?
Dealing with a similar issue with my '65 convertible. I got some good advice from this forum.
BTW - great looking 'bird Timo

Don't forget to check your shocks. Bad/ worn bushings in those rattle like crazy.

Back