1965 steering column shift detent

Mr. Kelly

Mr. Kelly

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need help with sliding steering column, not sliding sideways or locking into park - kicking out of gear. Does anybody know a mechanic in the Seattle to Canada Washington state that knows how to fix is issue?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I need help with sliding steering column, not sliding sideways or locking into park - kicking out of gear. Does anybody know a mechanic in the Seattle to Canada Washington state that knows how to fix is issue?
I do not know of a mechanic but it sounds like you are going to need a shift detent. I know that Bird Nest in Portland OR has them and they are a fairly cheap item like $15-20. The problem is one that cannot simply be fixed on its own, you will need that shift detent. In the meantime be very careful don't leave the car idling unless you are behind the wheel.

Mr. Rotella thank you sir do you know where I could find the steering column doors that fold and then drop back into place mine over the years have been dented and scratched up pretty bad. Thank you for your help and comments.

Mr. Rotella thank you sir do you know where I could find the steering column doors that fold and then drop back into place mine over the years have been dented and scratched up pretty bad. Thank you for your help and comments.
Do a quick google search for their website:
Bird Nest
1091 Willamette Falls Drive, West Linn, Oregon 97068

Call and speak with them directly. They have all sorts of new and used parts for '58 to '66 T-Birds and will help you out.

When you post, choose a subject that summarizes your post. How does anyone know what the post is about when the title is "1965 special edition, Landau Thunderbird"

Your title has been revised.model-year-TBF.jpg

Back