1965 heater core replacement

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
One thing after another but it’s been fun. Thank you all for the help answers to questions! Now I found out my heater core is leaking all in my passenger floor board. Would it be best to remove the heater hose fitting from the water pump and put a plug in it there?

Thanks again everyone!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

No. If you plan on bypassing it for the time being just remove both hoses and couple them together with a piece of copper tubing.
It looks like you are going to do a lot of learning really fast.
We are here to help!

These are the two hoses correct?

Attachments

• EF9920CA-C9DE-49DD-83D4-EF5D2EBC10CF.jpeg
    EF9920CA-C9DE-49DD-83D4-EF5D2EBC10CF.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
Yes. You can also take a hose and connect the port on the manifold to the port on the water pump.

One thing after another but it’s been fun. Thank you all for the help answers to questions! Now I found out my heater core is leaking all in my passenger floor board. Would it be best to remove the heater hose fitting from the water pump and put a plug in it there?

Thanks again everyone!
Hi @64Burd. I was able to pull the entire heater core assembly from under dash. There’s a lot of hidden bolts but it can be done by pulling it thru thu the passenger door. You might consider this instead of bypassing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back