1965 connecting transmission linkage

Unshriven
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I've a 1965 Landau which I am restoring. It came with the shifter linkage to the transmission disconnected. I'm about to put on good tires, do the brakes and connect the shifter.
However, I've yet to find a good picture or info on how to connect it. I've done them on other cars but wanted to have the info in hand 'before' I crawl underneath it :)
It may be very simple but if anyone has instruction or a pic, I'd appreciate it. Yes, I do have the shop manual but (to me) it isn't clear.
Thanks in advance

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Your subject 1965 transmission linkage question has been changed to 1965 connecting transmission linkage to summarize your post.

I've a 1965 Landau which I am restoring. It came with the shifter linkage to the transmission disconnected. I'm about to put on good tires, do the brakes and connect the shifter.
However, I've yet to find a good picture or info on how to connect it. I've done them on other cars but wanted to have the info in hand 'before' I crawl underneath it :)
It may be very simple but if anyone has instruction or a pic, I'd appreciate it. Yes, I do have the shop manual but (to me) it isn't clear.
Thanks in advance
I have a 65 with the same issue.

The linkage for the kick down does not seem long enough. not sure if something is missing. Did you ever get a diagram?

Back